Sunday, May 20, 2012

weekend wrap-up

Well, it's been a few days since I've written anything so here's a recap of my past few days!

Thursday (5/17) 
Workout: XT 
Elliptical 30 mins, Level 7 Rolling Hills
2.8 miles 270 calories

Strength Training
15-12-10 sets
20 mins, really sore quads

My work out was challenging.  The Elliptical kicked my butt!  I was dying.  Felt like I was running on empty and sweating profusely.  So after the longest 30 minutes of my life I decided to do a quick strength routine.  It had been awhile since I did anything of that nature so I was feeling it immediately after my workout.  Needless to say, Thursday was a rough work out day for me.  I couldn't wait to get home.

The rest of my night was fairly uneventful.  I made a family favorite TRE (tuna, rice (brown rice!) & egg, watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy and sulked over it for the rest of the evening.  

Friday (5/18)
Much needed REST day!  And boy was my body aching.  It hurt to do anything!  Especially to sit down so good thing we are on our feet all day at work.  It was a gorgeous day out.  Hot.  I was really glad I didn't have to run in those temps!

Saturday (5/19)
Workout: Long Run
Outside 60 mins
5.0 miles 660 calories

Saturday was a busy but awesome day for me.  I got a lot accomplished.  In fact, I got up at 3 AM to do a sunrise shoot.  Definitely a first in my books.  But it was so much fun and it's amazing how much you can get done in the wee hours of the morning.  And best part about it is that after almost a full day's worth of work it was only 9 AM when I got home and I had a full day to enjoy a head of me.  Since I was on such a great roll I decided to do my long run immediately before I lost any sort of interest in doing it.  And it was supposed to be in the 80s all day so I wanted to run as early as I could to try and 'beat the heat.'  Max was over this weekend and wanted to ride his bike with me while I ran.  This made me a bit nervous since it was my long run of the week and I def cannot run as fast as someone on a bike.  But he did a great job at keeping me at a consistent pace as well as keeping my mind from thinking about running too much.  We talked about bugs, traffic lights, the Avengers, Hero Factories and before I knew it we were already looping around to head back home.  We had a few set backs in our workout: we hit an excessive amount of red lights that we were having to wait for, needed to stop to tie his shoe laces a couple times and were both dying of thirst.  It had hit 78 degrees while we were out there and we could definitely feel it.  But overall, it was an enjoyable run.  We even got to go through a series of sprinklers that felt awesome on our way home.  Running with Max got me thinking.  Maybe I should try and run with someone/people more often.  Maybe at least once a week?  We'll see.  Def something to think about cause like I said it was kind of nice to get lost in convos and not obsessively think about each minute of my run that has passed and each minute that still awaits me.  How about you, do you prefer to work out solo or in the company of others??

Once we got home I had about 5 minutes to change and head downtown for a meeting.  It was finally time to solidify Class Reunion Locations.  And let me tell you what a huge relief that is.  It's all slowly starting to come together and I hope it only gets better from here on out.  Now the biggest challenge is simply going to be getting people to RSVP and PAY!  Did any of you go to your class reunions??  What were the highlights/low points of the event??  I need to know what we def should be doing and what we could afford to possibly leave out.  

After our meeting we continued on with our day at Bel Air Cantina.  If you live in the Milwaukee area, I highly recommend it.  It has a fun vibe, great food and at a good price.  Here's a link to their menu: Bel Air Cantina/Food.  I had the house salad with grilled spicy shrimp:

House greens with sweet onion, tomato, avocado and tequila lime vinaigrette / 5.39

Sooo good.  And after lunch we did some bumming around at rummage sales and antique shops.  Then I was ready for a nap!  

Sat night I went out with my friend Katie (the one running the Half with me!) for her birthday.  Here's our night in a nutshell:
Yes.  That is Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers.  We were pretty much treated like we were ballers' all night long and it was great.  So much fun.  Aaaand Happy Birthday to Katie Kool!!

Today/Sunday (5/20)
Another much needed REST day.  And thank goodness cause it was 86 degrees out by 10 AM!  I had a really relaxing Sunday.  And that's my fav.  We went for a little bike ride, threw the frisbee around the park til we were all sweaty and tired, grilled out and napped.  Perfect way to end the weekend.  

Now I'm mentally preparing myself for my upcoming week's worth of workouts, which actually shouldn't be too bad.  No mileage increase this week.  Just maintaining what I've already reached.  This past week I logged 13 running miles (not including miles logged on Elliptical/Bike): 2- 4 mile runs and a 5 mile run.  This week I only have to do 2- 4 mile runs and a 3 mile run!  So I'm gonna enjoy it while I can because two weeks from now I'll be attempting my first 6 mile run in almost a YEAR!  AND it'll be a great week cause it's only a 4-day work week...wooo hooooo!!!  

Ok, hope you all had a great weekend.  

OH!  Almost forgot!!  Thank you to those of you who actually gave me some blog title suggestions!  My brother was gracious enough to let me know that "Meghanhastheruns" is still available and another fav that was suggested is "RuntilyouHURLey"...thank you Liz and Jesse for that one!  Very catchy and personable, I like it!  So keep the suggestions coming.  I love hearing what you guys have to say!

Now I'm done for real.  I'll leave you with one last photo.  This guy moved in this weekend:
Donnie Cat.

1 comment:

  1. I love tuna, rice, and egg but Catie still doesn't get it.

    Just something else I've read before, strength training before running/XT can provide more benefits than the other way around. Can't remember exactly why right now but it will loosen up your muscles a bit more after lifting which should reduce soreness at least.

    You got a cat? Hopefully it will be friends with your dog.

    ReplyDelete