Wednesday, May 9, 2012

sweat it out!

Workout: Speedwork
Treadmill 43 mins
Elevation 1.0
4.13 miles, 456 calories

Much like yesterday, today kinda sucked.  And to top it off, I knew I had a 4 miler waiting for me as soon as I got off work.  Which surprisingly ended up being a blessing in disguise.  I realized I had some major steam I needed to blow off and what better way to do it than by running!  Much like my plan suggested, I did a 1 mile warm up, followed by 2 miles @ 10:29 pace and then a mile cool down.  One major accomplishment of mine during this run was that I did it, nonstop, for real.  I tend to get bored running after a mile or so just cause my legs feel tired and heavy so I let myself walk for a few minutes and don't think much of it but then I realized that I can't do that with a Half Marathon.  It would take me all day to finish the run if that were the case!  So I'm starting off with little incriments- the other week I made myself do 2 miles with no stopping, last week I did 3 and this week I was able to do 4.  "You go gurl"- I know that's what you all are thinking.  It's a little accomplishment but I feel really good about it.  Probably the highlight of my day!  For the most part my run was alright, borderline enjoyable.  Mainly cause I knew that as soon as it was done I had more work awaiting me at home.  So in some way, I savored every minute of it.  One of the things I need to start getting better at though is keeping hydrated every day.  I learned on laurenconrad.com (yes, I read her blog daily but only because we are bffs, duh) that you should drink at least an ounce of water for every pound you weigh.  So needless to say, I should be drinking water from sun up til sun down!  Kidding, kinda.

One of the reasons this week has been so chaotic for me is because I'm in the midst of planning my 10 Year High School Reunion.  And well, you'd think that this should be a fun event and somewhat enjoyable but guess what, it's not.  And because of facebook I think it's even worse than it needs to be.  Has anyone ever planned one of these things???  Got any advice for me??  And if you haven't, I now know why.  Do people even go to these things??  I guess after all this work I hope they do.  And I hope they have one heck of a time!  BUT on a positive note, things are starting to turn around as of this evening.  Thank you Jordan, Lisa and Marie for making me feel a bit more at ease and for taking some of the weight off of my shoulders.  It means a TON!

On another note, my Uncle tried to comment on my blog but it wouldn't post for some reason (which sucks cause I love posts and that means people are actually reading what I have to say!) so he relayed his post to me in a text.  Here's what he had to say in a nutshell:
-that I should increase the amount of juice I intake but keep in mind my calories in case I'm trying to stay within a limit (which I do try to do- I'll save that post for another time)
-that I should prepare mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks to keep me going (and I'm guessing he meant something healthy and not cookies)
-last he shared that he's able to work out in the morning since he has to take Emma (his dog) for a 10-15min walk and then runs a 5k after that

So I guess this means I need to get a dog.  And the ironic thing about this is that I've been researching dogs whenever I'm not styling, running, blogging and reunion planning because I've been seriously considering getting one.  However, I am going to be a bit picky about this.  I want a loving, cute, cuddly dog that likes to go on short runs with me, who is not overly hyper (puppy phase- fine, but for life- no thank you) and that does not shed a lot.  Anyone have any suggestions??  Dogs that I should look into or stay away from?  I've grown up with Golden Retrievers and love them but I don't like the massive hair balls that they leave, everywhere, and I cannot imagine Bella making it through a 1 mile let alone 3 mile run with me.

I planned on this being a really short post about my workout but one glass of Chianti later this has turned into quite the post.  So thank you for reading!  And write me comments.  I like to hear that people read this thing :)

Oh yeah!  I almost forgot!  This is another reason I liked going to the gym today :)

2 comments:

  1. Lots of stuff in this post, here are some comments:
    -1 oz of water per pound sounds like a lot but LC knows what she's doing. The unproven rule of 8 glasses/day (64 oz) is a little low. I've been striving for a gallon/day (128 oz) and that seems to keep my hydrated and less hungry throughout the day.
    -For planning a reunion, can't you just say meet at the Brat House or Lumpy's any weekend?
    -Dog-wise, get one. You should get one from the pound or rescue because they need you! Stay away from Petlands or similar pet shops, can't support puppy mills. If you want to borrow Ruby for a trial period then feel free, she probably can't run more than a mile (if that) right now but she'll clear your place of any loose garbage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola hermano! Thanks for posting! As for LC, yes, she definitely knows what she's talking about. Haven't you seen her latest spread and topless cover in Glamour Magazine?? Drinking a gallon of water seems plenty. I feel like if I were to do that I'd spend half the day in the bathroom! But I'm down to try anything if it's gonna curb my appetite.

      You also make a good point when you mentioned having the reunion at one of Kenosha's finest establishments. BUT this being our 10 Year and all I feel it should be somewhat more special. Plus if it has my name tied to it I want it to be as awesome as possible.

      Now regarding a dog, I will definitely look into getting one at a pound or rescue. I just want to be sure that the poor thing isn't severely damaged or anything. Because of the distance between us it might be a little challenging for me to take Ruby for a trial go. Maybe you guys should just set up a webcam like they do at doggy daycare where I can observe her behavior. Sound good?

      Delete