Sunday, May 6, 2012

for realz.

Well ladies and gents, I'm baaaack!  It's been ONE WHOLE YEAR since I've blogged and I figured what a perfect time to start up again because I just signed up for my SECOND HALF MARATHON!!  Eeek!  I don't know what has gotten into me because to be honest with you, I haven't ran anything over 5 miles since I completed the Flying Pig Half last May.

I've been running pretty regularly but mostly only variations of 2,3 & 4 milers.  And mostly on a treadmill.  While I watch the Nightly News with Brian Williams.  I try to run/XT anywhere from 3-5 days/week.  But even after doing this pretty regularly for the past year and a half, running is still sooo hard for me!  And I'm still not fast.  However, I am able to find enjoyment in running (some times, def not always) like today for instance, wicked storms were a brewing and I thought it'd be fun to try and get a 3 miler in before the rain came.  And I don't know what it was- the dark skies, the gusty winds, cracks of thunder and flashes of lightening- I felt super motivated to run, hard and try and beat the storm.  Part of me was really excited to run in the rain but that didn't happen.  I beat it.  Just in time too cause I probably would have been washed away and never have made it home.

But back to my recent shenanigans of signing myself up and paying to run 13.1 miles.  I told myself last year that I'd like to do a Half every year.  But when the winter rolled around I was not excited one bit about signing up or training for a Half.  So I didn't.  And I kinda just thought that my one-year streak was simply just that.  THEN out of the blue I heard about the Brewers Mini Marathon and got a really unfamiliar feeling- I wanted to run.  13.1 miles.  Something about the course, it being an inaugural run and the tailgate afterwards made me pull the trigger.  And my fast-friend Katie (who ran my first 5K EVER with me, and who recently got engaged AND who asked me to be in her wedding next year!) will be doing it too, making it that much more enjoyable.  If anyone wants to join us, here's the link http://www.race-brewers.com/!  And it's 138 days away so there's still plenty of time to train!

Speaking of training, I know it's pretty far out (approximately 20 weeks away) but I've already began concocting a training schedule.  Once I have it more ironed out I'll post it on here so you can all hold me to it!  And seriously.  Yell at me if I don't stick to it!  Cause this run is going to be hard.  And I need to begin building up my endurance stat.

Alrighty.  I think I've blabbed enough for now.  We've got lots to catch up on since it's been an entire year and I'm sure I'll catch you up on more than you ever wanted to know before ya know it!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Good luck with training and if you're already doing 5 milers then you don't have too much more to go. I was telling Catie the other day that I wanted to get into running again, but maybe it's just because I can't run right now and don't realize how much I hate it... Hope your training goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aar! I wish you weren't out of commission right now or you could be training with me! We should all pick one somewhere fun to do next year (given that all goes well in Sept!).

      Delete