Monday, May 7, 2012

Brewers Mini-Marathon Training Program

Here's my tentative Training Program:
Brewers Mini-Marathon Training Program


I'm definitely going to try my hardest to stick as close to this as possible.  I may have to do minor tweaks like swap Sundays/Mondays etc.  BUT no matter what I'm going to make sure that I hit my weekly mileage totals.

It's funny because I was just rereading some of my past entries and here I am an entire year if not more later and I still feel the exact same way about running.  It's HARD.  Whether I'm indoors, outdoors running 2 miles or 4 miles, every time I do it, it's still such a challenge for me.  Yes, I may be able to run a 5K a minute or two faster than I could a year ago but I feel like after all of this work I should be able to shave 10 minutes off my time!  So this time around with my training I'm going to pay extra attention to my speed workouts/tempo runs/suggested mile times from RunnersWorld.  I'm also going to try and watch what I eat/drink a little better than before.  It's so easy to get caught up in the idea that, "hey I just ran 8 miles and burned 800+ calories so that means I can indulge in 800 calories worth of cake!" I got a juicer for my birthday this year so I'm hoping to learn how to replenish my body with fresh juices instead of sweets (well, most of the time).  My aunt and uncle are avid juicers and have shared some of their favorite recipes with me but if you have any PLEASE SHARE!  I'm always looking for something new to try.  And I'll post some of my hits and misses just in case someone might want to give it a shot (or not).

Ok, I wrote more than I planned on for this evening.  And just so you know (cause I already feel a tad bit guilty about it) I did not do my 3-miler today BUT I did do it yesterday (since I knew I had prior arrangements this evening).  And those arrangements involved going to Build Your Own Burger Night...delicious...but dangerous.  It was a friend's birthday so I had to!  And if there's one thing I've learned these past few years it's that indulgences are great, in moderation of course.

Alrighty, bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Why are you doing so many 11, 12, and 13 milers, Wonder Woman? I'm only doing a couple over 11 mi. in my 12 week training. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my goal is to achieve Wonder Woman status! Ha. I honestly don't know. I made my program through RunnerWorld's Smart Coach at the "hard" intensity level and this is what they came up with! Maybe because I have SO much time (20 weeks) until my race? Last time I trained for a half I only did 1-11miler and 1-12 miler so this is def a huge step for me. We'll see how it actually goes...

      Delete
    2. You should just run a full marathon with all those miles!

      Delete
    3. Haha, that sounds completely awful.

      Delete