Wednesday, May 16, 2012

and so I ran...

Just so you all know, that's what I originally wanted to title my blog site instead of "an' here i go again" but it was already taken.  Boo.  In fact every title I was coming up with was already taken.  And the crappy thing is that they were taken and haven't been touched in almost 5 years.  So lame.  One of my favorite blog's (and it happens to be a running blog as well) is skinnyrunner.com.  What a clever name right?!  And this girl is hil-arious.  I love it.  She's got great advice, is funny, relatable, and of course a ridiculous runner. So I have a challenge for you all: create me a fun/catchy/not-too-wordy blog name!  Yeah?!  Sound fun?!  I really, really would appreciate some comments on this.  My brain hurts from trying to think of something.

But, there is some meaning behind "an' here i go again."  It's the lyrics to one of my favorite running songs, Whitesnake's Here I Go Again.  I don't know why but ever since I started running, 1 year and 8 months ago, I get pumped up when I hear that song.  And it makes me want to run faster!  Not sure if I actually do run faster during that song...but I feel like I do!  Do you guys have any songs that you love to run or work out to??  I'm always looking for new songs to add to my playlist or new Pandora stations.

Ok, now onto my workouts.

Yesterday, May 15th:
Workout:  XT
Elliptical 33 mins, Level 8 Random
3.15 miles 300 calories

Bike 12 mins, Level 7 Random
3.01 miles 81 calories

Today:
Workout: Tempo Run
Treadmill 44 mins, Elevation 1.0
4.1 miles 430 calories

No big revelations or outstanding questions came up during my last two work outs.  And overall, both work outs felt great.  I, like usual, didn't feel like working out but once I got to the gym it felt good to sweat for a bit.  And I've been sore every day this week.  Which I think is a good sign?  It makes me think that I'm doing my part by pushing myself daily- watch my times, try and be consistent, try not to stop to walk, add more hills, switch up my XT routines, etc.  I've also been trying to be aware of my food choices more this week.  More salads, less grease.  More fruit, less Nutella.  And one of my happy finds this week is the Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks.  A grande is only 140 calories!  Not bad for an occasional sweet treat.  What are your favorite low fat/low cal treats??

Last, shout out to my Uncle for responding to my last post regarding the "ch***ing" issue.  He said:

Try body glide to prevent chaffing, lanacane anti-chaffing gel to heal, and maybe even compression shorts


So I will def take note of this.  And to answer your question, yes, another one of my fast friends, Kevin, signed up to do the Half.  Kevin is a crazy runner.  He already likes to run 13 milers on random days of the week for fun.  And he's super fast.  Hopefully he sticks around for another hour or so on Race Day to see me cross the Finish Line :)  But other than that I don't know anyone else doing it yet.  You want to sign up ?!  It's not too late!  Bring Auntie Linda!  And Connie too!  Now that she's graduated there'll be no school getting in her way of training!  Think about it ;)

Ok, I'm starting to smell myself.  Time to shower!  Laterrr!



8 comments:

  1. That Kevin dude sounds like a turd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea. You should add my worst/best guilty pleasure song to your running playlist. Makes me feel 17 again. Yup, you know it. "I miss you so bad. I miss you SO SO bad. So call me maybe!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how I got tricked into reading your blog but since you ask for advice I will throw my 2 cents in.

    Read a book called "Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It." By: Gary Taubes. Some of his ideas are a little different but he has evidence to back up their effectiveness. I only suggest this because your current diet plan is about as opposite as can be from this book. I recommend the book to all our patients that need to lose weight before surgery. Now I'm not saying you in any way need to lose weight but it just might be a healthier way of eating and give you a little more boost in your runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got tricked into reading it! And thanks for commenting! However, I still do not know how I feel about your post. I definitely think it sounds like you're trying to tell me something about needing to lose weight...:/ And is my diet really that bad?? I don't think it is. Just on special occasions like last weekend. Otherwise I try to do lots of salads, healthy grains, proteins, etc. I will look into the book you suggested though. Definitely interested in what he has to say.

      Thanks again for the post and of course, for reading!

      Delete
    2. meghanhastheruns.blogspot.com is available. a little wordy but tells a story.

      I also read Why We Get Fat and it was a very informational book. Another good book I read a while ago is In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. Both of them preach similar things: eat real foods (unprocessed), avoid sugar/starch/alcohol, eat more veggies, drink more water.

      Now after stating how you should eat, I've broken all those guidelines this past week on business travel...

      Delete
    3. lol. someone else suggested something very similar to that! another suggestion was 'runtilyouhurley'.

      Delete