Tuesday, May 8, 2012

a case of the mondays...on tuesday.

Workout: XT
Elliptical 35 mins
Random Hills, Level 7
3.61 miles, 325 calories

Today was a long day.  Work was slow, I was hungry and I had a headache.  The last thing I wanted to do tonight was work out.  But like always, when I either go straight to head home or have to turn left to go to the gym, I automatically turned left.  That dang guilty conscience kicking in again...always puts a damper on things...like my relaxing evening of television awaiting me.   With my head not really in the game I decided if I could suck it up and sweat it out for at least 30 minutes then I could go home, enjoy a bowl of pasta and watch 90210 (yes, I still watch that show).  And that's basically what happened.  I had taken the day off yesterday and haven't felt sore in awhile but my first few mins on the Elliptical were a bit brutal.  My calves were extremely sore.  But after a bit they warmed up and felt fine.

Today I've also began mentally preparing myself for my 4 mile Tempo Run that awaits me tomorrow.  I was hoping to get up bright and early and run it at the track down the street.  Sounds like a good idea right?!  Too bad I've only gotten up and ran before work only about 5 times in my entire life.  So in reality, I'll be running it post work tomorrow and maybe at the gym.  Not gonna lie, the track and all those high schoolers after school intimidate me.  And I'm not ready to run with that crowd, yet.  Does anyone have any great ideas/motivators that help them get up early to work out??  I'd LOVE to be more of a morning person but I just don't think it's in my genes.

On a plus note, I had one of my favorite fresh juices this morning:
2 carrots
2 apples
1 inch of ginger

Regarding juicing, one dilemma I have been having is that this amount of juice does not fill me up from breakfast to lunch.  Some recipes I've followed produce twice as much juice as this, does anyone know what a healthy recommended amount of juice is for breakfast?  Or does anyone eat other things with their juice?  Since I had my one cup of juice this morning I was starving by lunch and hit up the salad bar, hard.  Made a bigger salad than I'm sure I needed to and then followed it up with 2 cookies.  Oops.  Another temptation I'm trying to have some more control over.

I'm hoping that by exposing some of my bad habits on here it'll help me kick them to the curb...or at least gain better control over them.  But I'm also posting them to be honest with you all and myself.  Yes, I work out a lot but that's because I like to eat, a lot.  And speaking of that, I think I'm going to go get ready for bed and brush my teeth.  That's one way to keep me from eating anymore this evening (cause I'm too lazy to brush twice in one night!).

Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment