Saturday, June 30, 2012

beat that heat. or not.

So after my slacker ways last week I was determined to be a better worker-outer this week.  But I def eased into it and made sure I didn't overdo it on Monday :)  I also was determined to run outside more.  Despite the 90 degree temps with high humidity...thanks Uncle Ger for making me feel bad about my treadmill running :/  Just kidding.  I needed to hear that.

Monday
Easy run
Outside 2.4 miles
25 mins, 312 calories

It was gorgeous out today.  Perfect weather to ease into the running outside.  Glad I only had to do 2 miles though cause I had a big Wiffle Ball meeting to get to at 6:30!  Chicken, Guns & Rubbers are looking to rally this year!  Need to make up for the lack of runs scored last year :)

Tuesday
XT Elliptical
Rolling hills, Level 7
30 mins, 2.7 miles, 271 cals

For some reason today's workout was tough!  Maybe cause it was a billion degrees outside and it felt like a billion and one degrees in the gym.  I had another busy evening so I made sure I at least got 30 good mins of Cardio in.  Post workout I met these folks for dinner and to cheer on Kara at her Hockey game:
Me, Molly and Andy 
(my freelance stylist and photographer friends)

"Oh hey Andy, it's gonna be cold in there might wanna bring an extra layer."
Should have specified long sleeves would be good...

Kara tearing it up in the orange!


Wednesday
Easy run
Outside 5.0 miles
60 mins, 626 cals

Today was supposed to be a Tempo Run day but I decided to run outside in the 90 degree temps and take it easy.  I don't think I could've ran the times I needed to in this heat.  Not yet at least.  Maybe after some more training.  And I don't have a good watch to use to do this.  So instead of taking my workout to the gym and doing it on a Treadmill I ran 5 miles outside and sweated to death.  Literally.  Look at me.
gross.  I know.  

But at least I found this!
I wasn't going to pick it up cause I thought it might make some kid happy to find it then I realized I might die if I didn't get some water so I picked it up in case I needed to make an emergency pit stop at the gas station.  

I was pretty spent after my run.  The rest of my evening consisted on grilling a steak with some asparagus and websiting with my bro.

Thursday & Friday
Rest Days

Thursday was our hottest day of the year yet.  It was bad.  You were covered in a film of sweat just by stepping outside.  So since there were so many warnings to not be outside I decided to post pone my 2 miler for today and go have a Bloody Mary at Cafe Hollander instead.  And then I followed that up with dinner:
What else do you have when it's 100 degrees out?!

And Friday I went and saw Ted with some friends.  Hil-arious.  For realz.  If you like dumb-funny movies then this is a must.  

Saturday
Easy run
Outside
ran 2 miles, walked 2 miles
413 cals

I wanted to try and get up early and run but that didn't happen.  Instead I slept in, got some brunch, hit up the Farmer's Market, took a siesta and then attempted to run.  In prime afternoon sun.  Not smart.  Once I started I knew there was no way I'd last 8 miles.  So I decided to make today my make up run from Thurs and only ran 2.  And then continued to walk another 2.  It was about 91 degrees out and sunny.  I was instantly sweaty.  And I hate having eyelid sweat.  And I did not properly hydrate for these running temps.  Again, not smart on my end, I know.  Luckily at mile 2 I spotted a Bruegger's Bagels and stopped in there for a cold cup of ice water, on the house.  Big timer.  I know.  So now I have my long run still looming over me.  I really need to do it.  If I can't get to 8 then I at least want to attempt 7 again.  Forecast isn't looking good for me though.  Another 90+ degree day tomorrow.  So let's hope I can make this happen!

Sidenote:
An excellent healthy snack!  Look for it at World Market.  
Thanks for introducing me Kara :)


No comments:

Post a Comment