Sunday, June 10, 2012

fun in the sun!

I can't believe it's been a week since I've blogged last!  It was a busy but good week.  Work was good.  I worked on a shoe mailer all week which made the days fly by.  Here are a few behind the scene photos:
 Carolyn mastering the painting in white.

We had 6 systems going in a pretty tiny area.  Look at all those stands!

 Carolyn doing it again a few days later!

The fun part about shooting cupcakes is that you get to eat them at the end!

In addition to my busy work week, I did awesome at keeping up with my workouts for the week!  In fact I did each one I was planning on so my goal was met and even exceeded a few times.  Here's a more thorough look at my week of working out:

Monday: (w/Molly)
Easy Run: 2.3miles
Outside, 25 mins, 411 calories (total: run/walk)

Walk: 1.5miles
Outside, 20 mins

I enjoyed breaking my non-workout slump with an easy run and with a friend.  Having her there definitely forced me to do a run that I was not looking forward to.  And actually once we got going, we were so caught up in conversations that our 2 miles was up in no time!  And it was such a nice evening out we decided to keep walking for a bit and burned some extra calories.

Tuesday:
XT: Elliptical
30 mins, 3.3miles, 273 calories, Level 7

Bike
31 mins, 7.8miles, 183 calories, Level 7

Today was a big day.  One of my fav shows, Pretty Little Liars (yes, it's on ABC Family and I LOVE it!) had it's Summer Premiere.  Oh yeah, and it was Election Day.  So after I went and voted I hit up the gym, turned on ABC Family and sweated it out for an hour.  It felt good to do something besides run.  And the time flew since I was so into what I was watching!  

And later that night, while doing some reading outside look what I caught Donnie doing:
Naughty Donnie.



Wednesday:
Speedwork: 4.03miles
Treadmill, 42mins, 457 calories, Elevation 1.0
(10 min/mile x2; 1 mi warm up & 1 mi cool down at 11min/mile)

I was a bit nervous for today's run since I hadn't tackled a 4 miler in a week and I hadn't had any real great runs in awhile.  BUT for some reason, I felt mentally prepared for it, excited to do it and even more excited to get it done.  So I just went for it and it felt like it was done in no time!  And it actually felt good.  I didn't feel like death and I didn't even feel the need to really stop to walk at all.  Thank goodness for this run because I was almost ready to throw the towel in regarding this whole run-long-distance-thing.  And as a bonus, it just so happened to be National Running Day so what a perfect day to have a great run!


Thursday: (w/Molly-in the AM!)
Easy Run: 2.5miles
Outside, 27 mins, 320 calories

I did it!  I didn't get two morning workouts in this week (mainly because I knew I was going to have lots of available time in the evenings this week) but I did get one in.  And not going to lie, coming off a great 4 mile run the night before did not necessarily mean I was guaranteed to have another great run so shortly after.  I think it's the whole adjusting to the morning thing but it felt a lot harder to do 2 miles at 6AM than it felt to do 4 miles at 6PM.  And Molly and I were still both in the process of waking up that we barely could chat throughout our run (note: we also had a hard time chatting cause we were too busy panting!).  No bueno.  BUT, on a positive note, we knocked a whole minute off of our miles from our Monday evening run.  So maybe that's another reason it felt a bit more difficult??

Thursday was the one night I had some bigger plans.  We (another bridesmaid and myself) were going Wedding Dress/Bridesmaid Dress shopping with Katie!  She had made an appointment for us at Miss Ruby's Boutique, a super cute shop in the Third Ward.  And we had such a good time!  And not to mention some great luck!  Both the first dress Katie tried on and the first dress I tried on we all absolutely loved!  Here's a sneak peak at our bridesmaid's dresses (but won't be in the color shown):
I look like I'm drowning in the dress.  Thank goodness for tailors!  But I really like it.  And I think it has special super hero powers...we just might be able to fly in these dresses ;)  None of you get that now but just wait til Katie and Ryan's wedding!!  And Katie looked GORGEOUS in the dress she tried.  And I have some pics.  But I will not post them cause that's some confidential information! And she actually is in the process of making a pretty tough decision.  She loved this dress but also fell in love with one of the first dresses she tried on back home with her mom.  And in all honestly, no matter what decision she makes, she's going to look AHHH-MAZING!  Both dresses are incredible and there's no wrong decision to be made.  

To celebrate our successful night of dress shopping, we went across the street to Cafe Benelux and enjoyed one of these:
I forget what this is called.  But it was a Raspberry Beer.  And it wasn't too sweet.  I liked it.

Friday:
Rest Day

I actually was a little tempted to get up and work out before work but then I remembered one of my Golden Rules: no working out on Fridays.  So I didn't.  

Since I wasn't working out today I felt like I needed to eat relatively healthy (for lunch at least).  Plus I had that beer the night before that had me feeling a little bloated.  So for lunch we went to Sendiks and look what we stumbled upon:

June is National Dairy Month here in the good 'ol state of Wisconsin.  So Kara got to milk a cow.  For realz.  And then we got stickers, cow pencils with milk jug eraser toppers and free fat free chocolate milk.  And let me tell you, chocolate milk is delicious!  I forgot how good that stuff is.  And to go along with it (although I'm not sure I'd normally pair these two items together) I had the brown rice spicy tuna sushi roll.  

Another reason I wanted to eat semi-healthy for lunch was because I knew I'd be doing a little splurging at dinner.  Friday night we went out for Elly's birthday.
The Birthday Girl.
Megra.

We hit up La Perla's rooftop and had some Strawberry Margaritas on the Rocks.  None of us had ever been here before but loved the rooftop.  It was super cute, very colorful and for a minute I felt like I was back in Mexico (until I looked over the railings and got a nice glimpse of National Ave).  And since I wasn't starving I just ordered an A la Carte item for $3 and felt completely satisfied.  Which was great.  I didn't overeat or overindulge as much as I was planning on.  Go me!  Ha.  But for real, it's hard to have that kind of self control sometimes.  Especially with all of that delicious cheesy food right at your fingertips.

AND when I got home my monthly Birchbox had arrived!  If you like getting monthly gifts in the mail you should check this out www.birchbox.com.  And use me as a referral!  I first heard about Birchbox through my brother's gf, Catie, and have been getting it for about a year now.  It's $10 a month and each month you get a box filled with beauty samples (everything from lotions, cleansers, nail polish, perfume, mascara to bandaids, granola bars and fake eyelashes).  And if you like the samples you can buy the full sized items that month only online for a discounted price.  It's a pretty great way to try some incredible products that you normally would never just stumble upon.  Here's this month's box:
It included:
* Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream
*Clean Well Individual Hand Sanitizing Wipes
*Scalisi Skincare Anti-Again Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
*The Balm Cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen (2-in-1 lip/cheek stain)
*Band-Aid Cynthia Rowley Dress Up Band-Aids (20 of them!)
*Birchbox Man Cologne Sample (in honor of Father's Day)

I'm pretty pumped to try out the moisturizer and stretch mark cream.  Lately I've been a bit obsessed with the whole topic of "aging" and the products to "fight" it are so dang expensive that I'm glad I got some samples to try out!

Saturday:
Long Run: 6 miles
Outside, HOT, 72 mins, 727 calories

This morning's run was a bit brutal.  Mainly because it was SO HOT out.  I had every intention of getting up as early as I could so I could beat the heat but when morning role around I was just too comfy to get out of my bed.  So I didn't hit the streets until 9 AM.  And it was already in the 80s.  Boo. But Max rode his bike with me while I ran and we suffered through it.  We did stop a few times to walk his bike up a pretty killer hill and to take some water breaks when we passed the golf course (2 times).  Our motivation was to get this run/ride over with so we could hit up the Farmer's Market for some Fresh Apple Juice and then head over to the Tosa Pool cause what else do you do when it's going to be 90 degrees out!  I didn't overdo it during today's run but I definitely think I probably could have pushed myself a bit harder.  I just wasn't in the mood too.  And I was scared to overdo it and feel crappy the rest of the day.  So we moved at a very comfortable pace for the both of us.  

So even though I did not enjoy my run I felt really good when it was done.  I was also happy to be able to not have to think about working out for the rest of the weekend!  And we had a great Saturday at the Farmer's Market, pool, running some errands and grilling out.  Perfect Summer Day.  

Sunday:
Rest Day

Boating with the ladies: 
I copied your photo Elly :)

Chillin' on the back of the boat.  That's Kara, Elly and I in the mirror.  Thanks for the pic Eleanor!

Great day with some great company.  What a difference one year makes.  Last year we wanted to have a boat day for Elly's bday but it was barely 60 degrees out and today it was almost 90!  

It was the perfect way to wrap up the weekend.  And we were done early enough for me to do some grocery shopping and loads of laundry too!  So all in all a good day.  

This week my workout schedule looks awfully similar to last weeks' except that I get to add a mile onto my Wednesday and Saturday run...yay.... :/  And I'm really hoping to finally do another TRX workout this week (which my fav blogger ever wrote a post about last week!).  I ran out of time last week so I'm hoping to fit it in...as early as tomorrow, hopefully.  

Ok, well hope everyone had a great weekend and didn't get sunburned!  

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLY!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment