Saturday, June 30, 2012

better late than never!

Worst.  Blogger.  Ever.  I don't know how I'm ever going to get rich in the blogging world if I only have 7 followers and can't even keep up with posting once a week.  Must work on this.  Anywho, I not only took a little break from blogging a week ago but I also took a break from working out for a few days.  I was having a busy week, had some fam in town as well as a friend's bday so had to change up my priorities a bit and have some fun with them!  And it was a great 5 day break!  So to quickly recap, beginning with 2 weeks ago:

Monday (6/18):
Easy Run 2 miles
Treadmill, Elevation 1.0
2.1 miles, 21 mins, 231 calories

Tuesday (6/19):
XT, Kinetics 235 workout class
35 mins
High repetitions of strength training with burst of cardio

I took this new class at the gym and it was AMAZING!  I was super happy with it and my body hurt for the next 3 days (part of why I decided to take some time off from workin out).  They have an abbreviated 20 min class and an extended 50 min class that I'm also hoping to try out but for now the 35 mins was perfect.  I struggled to even finish the last 7 or so minutes of the class.  I'd compare this workout to Sean T's Insanity mashed up with CrossFit, both excellent ways to burn max calories for time spent working out.

And that was it for the week!  I had intentions to at least work out on Wednesday but then a better offer came along...girl time with Molly.  So I passed.  Plus I could barely walk normal from the excessive amount of lunges I had done the night before so attempting to run hurt just thinking about it.  I really don't remember what I did on Thursday besides make some "baked potato dip" for our 'chips n dip' luncheon on Friday...I think I did nothing.  I was having one of those days.  Plus I was really suffering from the effects of that special time of the month (another reason I didn't want to run/workout).  Oh!  I did watch J Wow and Snooki's new show...so dumb.  30 mins down the drain.

Friday was a busy day.  As I mentioned above it was "chips n dip" day at work.  It was also the first Sounds of Summer at the Studio and Sam Llanas from the Bodeans performed.
Staying active during lunch.  

Yard Games.

Homemade Photo-themed Washers.

Gorgeous day out for some lunch time fun.

Sam Llanas from the Bodeans.

Recycling R&R signage.  
They also used these to try and throw footballs through.  

Friday evening my bro, Aaron, and his rad gf, Catie, were in town so we enjoyed a little family dinner at Tazinos.  My dad had a Groupon so it made it somewhat affordable for the 11 of us to eat.  They've got quite the salad bar, pasta bar, pizza buffet and best brownies around.  For realz.  It's worth going there just for the brownies.

After dinner Aaron, Catie and I went glow golfing.  And surprisingly it was a lot of fun! (minus Catie getting hit in the head with a golfball)
Kara giving Aaron some golf tips.

Catie and I.  This is what the course looked like.  
Who'd have thought golfing in the dark with glow accessories would've been so fun!

Catie and I with the flash on.

Kristi, the beer cart girl.

Then Saturday day we hit up Strawberry Fest in Cedarburg to show our love and support for Elly, who had the best photo booth in town.  
Again, raddest booth in town :)  Click here to purchase her beautiful photos!

the Kohls Klan visiting Elly's booth

And that evening the glow festivities continued for Emi's Birthday!  She booked the Pedal Tavern for her bday and it was a blast.  Picture 16 people, pedaling their way around town on a portable wooden bar.  
The Crew.  

Needless to say, after the weekend I had Sunday was filled with a lot of R&R.  Definitely no working out allowed.  But hey, at least I rode a bike around town for 2 hours the night before!

Game on this week though.  Since I did a bad job at staying on schedule this week I'm going to redo this week on my training schedule.  So it should look something like this:

2- 2 mile runs
1- 5 min tempo run
1- XT day
1- 8 mile long run
2 rest days

Ok.  Recap from how I actually did this week coming tomorrow.  Hopefully.  






No comments:

Post a Comment