Wednesday, July 11, 2012

worthless.

That's how I felt the entire past week.  I ended my previous week awesome-ly- completed my first 8 miler of the season!!  Completed: yes.  Difficult: yes.  Walked: yes.  Took me a million years to finish: yes.  But it's done.  Here are the stats:

Sunday (7/1):
Long Run
Outside 8.2miles (85 degrees!)
80 mins, 967 calories

This heat is really taking a toll on me- mentally and physically!  Over the past week I grew a major hatred towards running because it was extremely difficult for me to do with temps in the mid to upper 90s plus the high humidity.  It'd be almost 90 as early as 8AM really cramping my runs.  And since I was on vacation most of the week I refused to get up any earlier just to run.  One good thing about my week was that according to my schedule it was sort of a "rest week"- I only had to run 3 and 4 milers all week.  But this still proved difficult to do.  I'd set out for a run and just start sweating bullets within minutes.  And the air would just take your breath away cause it was so frickin hot.  This resulted in some slow 3 and 4 milers AND walking breaks.  My week in workouts or I should say lack of workouts:

Monday (7/2):
Easy Run
Treadmill, elevation 1.0
3 miles, 31 mins, 339 calories

Tuesday (7/3):
Rest Day

Wednesday (7/4):
Easy Run
Outside 3 miles (93 degrees!)
38 mins, 328 calories

Thursday (7/5):
Rest Day

Friday (7/6):
Easy Run
Treadmill, elevation 1.0 (cause it was already mid-90s at 8:30 AM!)
4 miles, 43 mins, 430 calories

Saturday (7/7):
Rest Day

Sunday (7/8):
Rest Day

Only ran 10 miles this week.  Not the greatest but I'm lucky I even got this many in.  It was really tough and there were times I wanted to throw the towel in and never have to think about running again.  But I also had to play it safe and not try and overdo it in the extreme temps.  Last thing I need is to hurt myself at this point in my training.  So safe card was played and prob maxed out but this next week should be better with temps looking to only be in the 80s (I can't believe I just said that...1 month ago running in 80 degrees would've been insane to me!).

Since I didn't spend much time running here's a quick recap of some fun things I did do (in combo with sweating to death every day for a week straight):
Got some pretty eggs from Liz, a fellow stylist of mine.  Check out her blog MauledByDesign on the awesome DIY projects her and her husband do!

Painted my nails festive for the 4th.

Was not happy with the results of my morning run.

Happy 4th of July!

Aubs and I sweating it out at the Brewers Game.


Awesome game seats AKA Ryan Braun Butt Seats.

Brad and I cooling off inside the stadium.


Later that evening chilling with his new friends.

Donnie still being naughty.

Spent a lot of time out here Thursday night because...

it was this hot INSIDE...ugh.  

Had a lovely night out with Elly & Ashley...

and Emi at The Yard.

Run in with Saud (an AD we work with).

Then Saturday met up with them again aboard the Pontikki!  
View from the boat.

The Lighthouse.

Oh heyyy flabongo!  What are you doing here?!

Ashley, Emi & I

Being threatened by a Pirate to take a flabongo!

Then Sunday enjoyed a lot of R&R, like this cat.

Hope everyone had a great Holiday week and survived the heat wave!  Next week I'm setting my expectations high and getting back in the running game.  Stay tuned for updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment