Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ohhhh Snap!

I have 2 runs to write about today!

The first one is from Monday.  My run consisted of:
1 mile run
1 mile speed intervals (sprint to the refrain of a song and then walk during the verse)
1 mile run

I was hoping for another nice, easy workout and it was more difficult than I thought!  To begin it was colder out than I was anticipating.  The weatherman said it was going to be in the 30s but it was still only 13 degrees out, liar.  Then for some reason the first mile felt like it was never ending!  My legs felt heavy, I was panting and it barely felt like I was moving.  After doing some thinking I'm guessing that there were 2 major things that could have affected this: 1) it was my third day running in a row 2) all those different dips and chips I had ate the night before...oops.  So my workout kinda sucked, not gonna lie, but at least I tried right?!

Due to the results of my Monday run, I decided to take Tuesday off.  Instead of running I cleaned like a madwoman!  And wrapped all my Christmas gifts!  And then to top it off last night I made over 60 chocolate dipped snowman pretzels!  That was pretty nightmare-ish itself...but I think they ended up turning out pretty good.  Take a look!

Now, onto the main event!  Today's run.  Well folks, I was able to do it!  7 whole miles completed!!! WOOO HOOOO!  Sorry about the excitement but I literally just finished about 15 minutes ago.  And overall I feel great about it especially considering I was not wanting to go.  It was my mother who made me (so thanks mom!).  She told me I'd feel good about it once I was done and she was right, like always.  

So the run started out a bit rough.  I didn't know how I was going to last 7 whole miles.  I even began to tell myself that as long as I could do at least 6 miles that'd be good enough for the day.  It was sunny out and 33 degrees!  Best running weather I've had in weeks!  We got a little snow yesterday but with the warm temps it pretty much had all turned to mush by now.  So mile one eventually ended and two and three also seemed to drag.  Then magically I felt awesome.  Mile four, five and six seemed almost effortless.  BUT I will note that I was running at a very slow, comfortable pace (11-12 minute miles) ensuring myself that I'd be able to finish this.  It was during that time that I decided to definitely go for that seventh mile.  I recalculated my route a bit (which ended up being a tad short forcing me to run up 2 hills for the additional distance!) and hit 7.0 miles as soon as I stepped foot into my driveway.  I was so relieved, proud and thankful to be home.  

I had a few discoveries during today's run too.  I decided what color to paint my nails this weekend, I noticed I didn't spit on myself one time and I really enjoy running to Pandora's Taio Cruz Station.  I've also been trying to focus on my running form when I can remember...I easily get caught up in my feelings of wanting to die as I'm panting up some hill.  Katie has been telling me and encouraging me to try and run on the balls of my feet more.  It'll supposedly make me go faster (which we all know is the major thing I need to work on improving).  So I've been really trying to focus on doing that a few minutes here and there.  It's funny though cause I do notice a difference in my stride when I run on the balls of my feet but then the second I stop focusing it I'm back to landing on my heels again!  

You guys will also be pleased to know that I shredded two whole articles of clothing for today's run!  I had one less top on and one less pair of pants.  Overall, I think it was a wise choice.  I had to take my gloves off at the end of mile one cause my hands were already so hot.  

Ok, I gots to go do some laundry, last minute touch-up cleaning and get some snacks for my mom and Chris who will be here in a few hours.  Then the Christmas celebrations begin!

I'm planning on taking Thursday off as a recovery day and will try and do a Easy Run Friday (we'll see though cause that breaks my rule of running on Fridays!! ).  But in case I don't write before Saturday, Merry Christmas to everyone!!  I wish you and your families a happy holiday season!  

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment