Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby, It's COLD Outside!

After making a poor decision last night (well 'poor' depending on how you look at it- I got conned into going to Build-Your-Own-Burger Night) instead of doing my 2 mile Easy Run.  Then knowing that I have my work Holiday Party tonight, I had to do the unthinkable this morning...get up and run before work.  It was pretty brutal, not gonna lie.  My alarm went off at 5:45AM.  I checked the temperature.  It was a whole whopping 13, yes 1-3, degrees out.  That's when I began to have a major dispute with myself...should I or shouldn't I.  I knew if I didn't go that only left me with one other day to run this week, Friday, and I'm very anti workouts on Fridays for some reason.  Cause then I have a Speed Workout and my Long Run already scheduled for other days.  So I went to the bathroom during this argument going on in my head and then I actually got back into bed where I laid for about 2 minutes when I remembered my blog!  I had to run!  Cause now other people can log my workouts!  So I did it.

I put on my layers, making the appropriate changes/additions as a result of Saturday's run, and was sweating by the time I put my shoes on.

What I wore:
*L/S shirt
*Tank
*Another L/S thermal like shirt
*Hoodie
*Fleece
*Running tights
*Workout pants
*TALL socks (the pink ones from the 'Fun' Run!)
*Hat
*Gloves
*Shoes
*Bright orange running vest

But the second I stepped outside, I felt my whole body tighten and freeze up.  And I again, couldn't believe I was about to do this.  But I did.  And it was rough.  I felt stiff.  A little constricted from all the layers.  And my hands were actually cold.  Usually I end up taking my gloves off cause my hands get hot, not this time.  And even after running for a few minutes, I felt heavy.  Like I gained 20 pounds over night (I shouldn't have had that burger!).  I also felt like I was moving really slow, which I kinda was...but I didn't seem to have it in me to go any faster.  But I stuck it out and did my 2.04  miles in 22 minutes.

Obviously once I got inside and stripped off the layers I was really happy with myself.  Just the fact that I did it, before work, in our coldest temperatures yet was quite the feat for me.  And now I can have dessert at the party tonight without feeling too guilty about it.  Yes, I know.  I need to not eat crap if I ever want to see results.  I'm working at it.  But I love food!  So at least I try and do it in moderation.

So overall, today was on 'okay' run for me.  Could have been better but at least I did it.  Next task for the week, my second Speed Workout with Katie...I'm already scared just thinking about it!

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Good work, hermana. I think I need to start running after reading your blog. The temps are almost double here so I don't have a real good excuse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! You go girl!! Admire your determination and will power!!

    ReplyDelete