Monday, February 14, 2011

Half Marathon Training Program

Sorry about the delay my friends but it is finally here.  Here's a look at what my 12 week training schedule looks like for my upcoming Half Marathon in May.

Here's the link as well:
Half Marathon Training Program

I seriously started following this program during week 2 (which was 12 weeks out from my run date).  So I've successfully completed week 2 as well as Sun and Mon of this week.  And so far so good!  I'm beginning to have a little more confidence in my running ability.  Although, anything over 7 miles still scares me and seems so impossible. 

I have another 10K this upcoming Sunday (#4 of 5 for the Winter Run Series!  We're almost finished!) so I'll write more in depth about it afterwards.

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Those 9, 10, 11, and 12 mi four weeks in a row might be tough. My runner friends just recommended that I do at least two 10 mi runs before the race. Don't kill yourself before you kill yourself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm gonna try and do it but will play it by ear. Def don't want to overdo it. I will feel better going into the race if I do at least 11 or 12 miles before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marathon Training Schedule I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete